Skills Accountant in Manitoba
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "accountant" was moved from the group Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111) to the group Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 11100).
Find out what skills you typically need to work as an accountant in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 11100).
- Plan, set up and administer accounting systems
- Train staff
- Arrange training for staff
- Ensure accuracy and compliance to accounting standards, procedures and internal control
- Prepare financial information for individuals, departments or companies
- Prepare reports and audit findings
- Supervise staff
- Prepare financial statements and reports
- Recommend improvements to accounting systems and management practices
- Conduct field audits of businesses to ensure compliance with provisions of the Income Tax Act, the Canadian Business Corporations Act or other statutory requirements
- Develop and maintain cost findings, reporting and internal control procedure
- Prepare income tax returns from accounting records
- Analyze financial documents and reports
- Examine accounting records
- Provide financial, business and tax advice
- Act as trustee in bankruptcy proceedings
Skills and Knowledge Checklist
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
- Date modified: