Skills Bookkeeper in Canada
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "bookkeeper" was moved from the group Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311) to the group Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 12200).
Find out what skills you typically need to work as a bookkeeper in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 12200).
- Calculate and prepare cheques for payroll
- Calculate fixed assets and depreciation
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
- Maintain general ledgers and financial statements
- Post journal entries
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports
- Prepare tax returns
- Prepare trial balance of books
- Reconcile accounts
Skills and Knowledge Checklist
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
- Date modified: