Skills Animal Groomer (except Horses) near Lévis (QC)
Find out what skills you typically need to work as an animal groomer (except horses) in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Pet groomers and animal care workers (NOC 6563).
People working in this occupation usually apply the following skill set.
- Anal glands treatment
- Pet clipping and styling
- Ear cleaning
- Flea baths
- Nail clipping
- Show clipping
- Teeth cleaning
- Prepare food and feed animals
- Clean and disinfect cages, pens, aquariums, kennels, runs, stall and enclosures
- Assist with inoculation and treatment of animals
- Assist animal breeders to handle and nurture animals
- Assist zoo and wildlife workers in transferring, restraining, crating and uncrating animals
- Assist researchers in conducting laboratory tests with animals
- Monitor and document animal behaviour
Skills and knowledge
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
- Date modified: