Skills Animal Control Trapper in Québec
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "animal control trapper" was moved from the group Pest controllers and fumigators (NOC 7444) to the group Pest controllers and fumigators (NOC 73202).
Find out what skills you typically need to work as an animal control trapper in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Pest controllers and fumigators (NOC 73202).
- Inspect buildings and outside areas to detect signs of infestation
- Provide estimate of costs
- Determine type of treatment required
- Prepare and spray chemical mixture on infested areas
- Fumigate households
- Place and set traps to capture and remove animals
- Install animal control barriers to keep animals off property
- Clean out areas that harbour pests
- Advise clients on how to prevent pest infestation
Skills and Knowledge Checklist
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
- Date modified: