Skills Lawn And Garden Supplies Salesperson - Retail near Saskatoon (SK)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "lawn and garden supplies salesperson - retail" was moved from the group Retail salespersons (NOC 6421) to the group Retail salespersons and visual merchandisers (NOC 64100).
Find out what skills you typically need to work as a lawn and garden supplies salesperson - retail in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Retail salespersons (NOC 64100).
- Operate cash register
- Operate computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems
- Provide advice about merchandise
- Assist in display of merchandise
- Conduct sales transactions through Internet-based electronic commerce
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties and delivery dates
- Greet customers and discuss type, quality and quantity of merchandise or services sought for purchase, rental or lease
- Maintain sales records for inventory control
- Prepare merchandise for purchase, rental or lease
- Prepare sales, rental or leasing contracts and accept cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit payment
Skills and Knowledge Checklist
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
- Date modified: