Skills Process Operator - Primary Metal And Mineral Products Processing near Ottawa (ON)
Find out what skills you typically need to work as a process operator - primary metal and mineral products processing in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing (NOC 9231).
People working in this occupation usually apply the following skill set.
- Co-ordinate and monitor the operation of mineral ore, metal and cement processing production through control panels, computer terminals or other control systems, from a central control room
- Operate multi-function central process control machinery
- Observe computer printouts, video monitors and gauges to verify specified processing conditions and to make necessary adjustments
- Co-ordinate and supervise production crew such as machine and process operators, tenders, assistants and helpers
- Start-up and shut-down systems
Skills and knowledge
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
Working with Technological Equipment and Machinery
Help - Working with Technological Equipment and Machinery
- Using Specialized Instrumentation and Equipment
Service and Care
Help - Service and Care
- Protecting and Enforcing
Help - Management
- Co-ordinating and Organizing
Help - Analysis
- Analyzing Information
Help - Information Handling
- Processing Information
- Date modified: