Skills Systems Security Analyst in New Brunswick
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "systems security analyst" was moved from the group Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171) to the group Cybersecurity specialists (NOC 21220).
Find out what skills you typically need to work as a systems security analyst in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 21220).
- Confer with clients to identify and document requirements
- Conduct business and technical studies
- Design, develop and implement information systems business solutions
- Provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management and service delivery
- Assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware
- Develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches
- Develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle
- Conduct reviews to assess quality assurance practices, software products and information systems
Skills and Knowledge Checklist
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
- Date modified: