Skills Administrative Assistant near Kelowna (BC)
Find out what skills you typically need to work as an administrative assistant in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Administrative assistants (NOC 13110).
- Arrange and co-ordinate seminars, conferences, etc.
- Supervise other workers
- Train other workers
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings, seminars and conferences
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- Answer electronic enquiries
- Compile data, statistics and other information
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations
- Greet people and direct them to contacts or service areas
- Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents
Skills and Knowledge Checklist
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
- Personnel and Human Resources
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Date modified: