Skills Medical Specialist in British Columbia
Find out what skills you typically need to work as a medical specialist in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Specialist physicians (NOC 3111).
People working in this occupation usually apply the following skill set.
- Diagnose and treat diseases and physiological or psychiatric disorders
- Prescribe medication and treatment and refer patients for surgery
- Order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures
- Study the nature, cause and development of diseases and the structural and functional changes caused by diseases
- Conduct microscopic and chemical analyses of laboratory samples and specimens
- Supervise laboratory activities
- Assess patients' diseases or disorders to determine appropriate surgical procedures
- Perform and supervise surgical procedures to correct physical abnormalities and deficiencies and repair injuries
Skills and knowledge
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
- Date modified: