Skills University Professor in Canada
Find out what skills you typically need to work as an university professor in Canada. These skills are applicable to all University professors and lecturers (NOC 4011).
People working in this occupation usually apply the following skill set.
- Advise on research matters
- Advise students on course and academic matters and career decision
- Conduct laboratory sessions
- Conduct seminars and discussion groups
- Direct research programs of graduate students
- Prepare special lectures and presentations for conferences and consultations
- Prepare, administer and grade assigned work
- Serve on faculty committees dealing with research, budgets, curriculum planning and requirements and staffing
- Teach one or more university subjects
- Conduct research in field of specialization
- Date modified: