Skills Food Service Supervisor near Canmore (AB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "food service supervisor" was moved from the group Food service supervisors (NOC 6311) to the group Food service supervisors (NOC 62020).
Find out what skills you typically need to work as a food service supervisor in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Food service supervisors (NOC 62020).
- Establish methods to meet work schedules
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of staff who prepare and portion food
- Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures
- Estimate and order ingredients and supplies
- Hire food service staff
- Ensure food service and quality control
- Prepare budget and cost estimates
- Address customers' complaints or concerns
- Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage
- Prepare and submit reports
- Prepare food order summaries for chef
- Must have knowledge of the establishment's culinary genres
- Supervise and check assembly of trays
- Supervise and check delivery of food trolleys
- Establish work schedules
Skills and Knowledge Checklist
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
- Date modified: