Skills Insurance Underwriter near Montréal (QC)
Find out what skills you typically need to work as an insurance underwriter in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Insurance underwriters (NOC 12202).
- Review individual and group applications for insurance
- Evaluate new and renewal applications to determine insurance risks, insurance premiums, extent of coverage and other conditions
- Use medical reports, rate tables and other documents to determine coverage
- Approve sale of insurance policies
- Ensure compliance with government regulations
- Provide recommendations on individual or group insurance plan designs
- Provide underwriting advice
- Answer inquiries from clients and other company personnel
- Prepare underwriting reports
Skills and Knowledge Checklist
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
- Date modified: