Skills Manufacturing Manager near Vancouver (BC)
Find out what skills you typically need to work as a manufacturing manager in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Manufacturing managers (NOC 0911).
People working in this occupation usually apply the following skill set.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Plan and manage the establishment of departmental budget
- Plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work
- Develop production schedules and maintain an inventory of raw materials and finished products
- Develop equipment maintenance schedules and recommend the replacement of machines
- Hire, supervise and train or oversee training of employees in the use of new equipment or production techniques
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Direct quality control inspections
Skills and knowledge
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
Help - Management
- Allocating and Controlling Resources
- Co-ordinating and Organizing
- Recruiting and Hiring
Help - Analysis
- Analyzing Information
- Projecting Outcomes
Help - Communication
- Liaising and Networking
- Professional Communicating
- Date modified: