Summary Aerospace Engineer in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as an aerospace engineer. The following information is applicable to all Aerospace engineers (NOC 2146).
Aerospace engineers research, design and develop aerospace vehicles, aerospace systems and their components, and perform duties related to their testing, evaluation, installation, operation and maintenance. They are employed by aircraft and spacecraft manufacturers, air transport carriers, and in government and educational and research institutions.
University education usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Design and develop aerospace vehicles, systems and components
- Develop and conduct computer simulations of aerospace vehicles, systems and components
- Prepare specifications for aerospace manufacturing, maintenance, repair or modification
- Supervise and co-ordinate the manufacturing, repair and overhaul of aircraft and spacecraft
- Co-ordinate ground and flight tests of aircraft and spacecraft
- Date modified: