Summary Electronic Accessories Repair And Overhaul Mechanic - Avionics in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as an electronic accessories repair and overhaul mechanic - avionics. The following information is applicable to all Aircraft instrument, electrical and avionics mechanics, technicians and inspectors (NOC 2244).
Aircraft instrument, electrical and avionics mechanics, technicians and inspectors install, adjust, repair and overhaul aircraft instrument, electrical or avionics systems on aircraft. This unit group also includes avionics inspectors who inspect instrument, electrical and avionics systems following assembly, modification, repair or overhaul. They are employed by aircraft manufacturing, maintenance, repair and overhaul establishments and by airlines and other aircraft operators.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Test electrical, electronic and instrument components
- Repair and overhaul, install, calibrate and test aircraft instruments
- Troubleshoot, repair and overhaul, test, modify, install and inspect aircraft electronic systems and components including communications, navigation, and autoflight equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair, install and inspect aircraft systems and components
- Ensure that the installation, maintenance, repair and overhaul of systems meet Transport Canada and company standards of performance and safety
- Date modified: