Summary Geomatics Technician - Land Surveying in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a geomatics technician - land surveying. The following information is applicable to all Land survey technologists and technicians (NOC 2254).
Land survey technologists and technicians conduct or participate in surveys to determine the exact locations and relative positions of natural features and other structures on the earth's surface, underground and underwater. They are employed by all levels of government, architectural and engineering firms, and by private sector surveying establishments.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Assist survey engineers or professional surveyors to develop methods and procedures for conducting field surveys
- Determine precise geographic locations using global positioning systems (GPS) equipment
- Conduct field surveys and operate survey instruments and computer equipment to measure distance, angles, elevations and contours
- Record measurements and other information obtained during field survey activities
- Supervise and co-ordinate field survey activities
- Date modified: