Summary Nursing Services Co-ordinator in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a nursing services co-ordinator. The following information is applicable to all Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors (NOC 3011).
Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors co-ordinate and supervise the activities of registered nurses, registered psychiatric nurses, licensed practical nurses and other nursing personnel in the provision of patient care. They are employed in health care institutions such as hospitals, clinics and nursing homes, and in nursing agencies.
University education usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Ensure that quality nursing care is provided and that appropriate administrative procedures are followed
- Assist in the establishment of unit policies and procedures
- Assist in the selection, evaluation and professional development of personnel
- Supervise registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and other nursing personnel
- Set up and co-ordinate nursing services in conjunction with other health services
- Date modified: