Summary Chief Buyer in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a chief buyer. The following information is applicable to all Retail and wholesale buyers (NOC 6222).
Retail and wholesale buyers buy merchandise for resale by retail or wholesale establishments and are usually responsible for the merchandising operations of retail or wholesale establishments. Retail and wholesale buyers who are supervisors and those who are assistants are included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Oversee distribution of merchandise to outlets
- Select and purchase merchandise for resale
- Visit trade shows, showrooms, factories and product design events
- Study market reports, trade periodicals and sales promotion materials and visit trade shows, showrooms, factories and product design events
- Supervise work of other buyers
- Date modified: