Summary Switch Network Installer And Repairer - Telecommunications in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a switch network installer and repairer - telecommunications. The following information is applicable to all Telecommunications installation and repair workers (NOC 7246).
Telecommunications installation and repair workers install, test, maintain and repair telephones, telephone switching equipment and telecommunications equipment related to transmission and processing of voice, video signals and other data over a variety of media including fibre optics, microwave, radio and satellite. They are employed by telephone and other telecommunications transmission services establishments.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Install, arrange, remove and maintain telephone equipment, wiring and associated hardware
- Repair or replace defective telephone equipment
- Test installed telephone systems to locate transmission faults
- Install electromechanical, analog and digital trunking systems, circuits and equipment in telecommunications central offices and switching centres
- Analyze test results and adjust, change or repair switching system, network, associated equipment and software
- Date modified: