Summary Aircraft Fitter-assembler - Aircraft Assembly in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as an aircraft fitter-assembler - aircraft assembly. The following information is applicable to all Aircraft assemblers and aircraft assembly inspectors (NOC 9521).
Aircraft assemblers assemble, fit and install prefabricated parts to manufacture fixed wing or rotary wing aircraft or aircraft subassemblies. Aircraft assembly inspectors inspect aircraft assemblies for adherence to engineering specifications. They are employed by aircraft and aircraft subassembly manufacturers.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Read and interpret aircraft assembly diagrams
- Assemble and fit pre-fabricated parts to form subassemblies
- Assemble, fit and install pre-fabricated parts and subassemblies
- Inspect aircraft assemblies for adherence to engineering specifications
- Inspect assemblies for alignment, symmetry, dimensions, fit and quality of workmanship
- Date modified: