Summary Foundry Worker in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a foundry worker. The following information is applicable to all Foundry workers (NOC 94101).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Foundry workers make foundry moulds and cores by hand or machine, cast molten metal, and operate furnaces in the foundry industry. They are employed by metal foundries and foundry departments of metal products manufacturing companies.
Learn more about foundry worker
High school or specific training
This occupation usually requires a secondary school diploma or several weeks of on-the-job training.
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in Canada
View wages about Wages
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
View prospects about Prospects
advertised in Canada
View available jobs about Jobs
- Make sand moulds using patterns, moulding boxes, sand and hand tools following bench, floor or pit moulding methods
- Operate ovens to dry moulds
- Pour molten metal into moulds to produce metal castings
- Make cores for use in moulds to form holes or void spaces in castings
- Coat cores with protective materials and bake cores in ovens
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: