Summary Transport Driver in Ontario
Find key facts and figures about working as a transport driver. The following information is applicable to all Transport truck drivers (NOC 7511).
Transport truck drivers operate heavy trucks to transport goods and materials over urban, interurban, provincial and international routes. They are employed by transportation, manufacturing, distribution and moving companies, and trucking employment service agencies, or they may be self-employed. This unit group also includes drivers of special purpose trucks and shunters who move trailers to and from loading docks within trucking yards or lots.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in Ontario
The job prospects are good in Ontario
advertised in Ontario
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Date modified: