Summary Sawmill Machine Operator near Ville de Saguenay (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a sawmill machine operator. The following information is applicable to all Sawmill machine operators (NOC 9431).
Sawmill machine operators operate, monitor and control automated lumbermill equipment to saw timber logs into rough lumber; saw, trim and plane rough lumber into dressed lumber of various sizes; and saw or split shingles and shakes. They are employed in sawmills and planing mills.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in Québec
The job prospects are limited in the Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean Region
advertised in Québec
- Examine logs and rough lumber to decide best lumber cuts
- Operate automated lumbermill equipment from control rooms or consoles
- Saw, trim and plane rough lumber into dressed lumber of various sizes
- Saw or split shingles and shakes
- Start conveyor system to move logs and lumber to and from saws
- Date modified: