Summary Assistant Financial Analyst in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as an assistant financial analyst. The following information is applicable to all Financial and investment analysts (NOC 1112).
Financial and investment analysts collect and analyze financial information such as economic forecasts, trading volumes and the movement of capital, financial backgrounds of companies, historical performances and future trends of stocks, bonds and other investment instruments to provide financial and investment or financing advice for their company or their company's clients. Their studies and evaluations cover areas such as takeover bids, private placements, mergers or acquisitions. Financial analysts are employed by a wide range of establishments throughout the private and public sector, such as banks, brokerage houses, insurance companies, investment companies, manufacturing firms, trust companies, utility companies and underwriting firms. Investment analysts are employed primarily by brokerage
University education usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Analyze investment projects
- Develop, implement and use tools for managing and analyzing financial portfolio
- Plan short- and long-term cash flows and assess financial performance
- Evaluate financial risk, prepare financial forecasts, financing scenarios and other documents concerning capital management
- Assist in preparing operating and investment budgets
- Date modified: