Summary Machine Operator - Plastics Processing near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a machine operator - plastics processing. The following information is applicable to all Plastics processing machine operators (NOC 94111).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Plastics processing machine operators set up and operate plastic mixing, calendering, extruding and moulding processing machines used in the manufacture of plastic parts and plastic products. They are employed by plastic products manufacturing companies.
Learn more about machine operator - plastics processing
High school or specific training
This occupation usually requires a secondary school diploma or several weeks of on-the-job training.
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
View wages about Wages
View prospects about Prospects
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
View available jobs about Jobs
- Troubleshoot and make minor adjustments to equipment
- Weigh resins, colorants and other chemicals according to formulae
- Monitor and inspect quality of material produced
- Place weighed materials in mixing machines
- Operate mixing machine to blend plastic and other chemicals to a specific consistency and viscosity
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: