Summary Machine Operator - Plastics Processing near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a machine operator - plastics processing. The following information is applicable to all Plastics processing machine operators (NOC 9422).
Plastics processing machine operators set up and operate plastic mixing, calendering, extruding and moulding processing machines used in the manufacture of plastic parts and plastic products. They are employed by plastic products manufacturing companies.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job outlook is good in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Weigh resins, colorants and other chemicals according to formulae
- Place weighed materials in mixing machines
- Operate mixing machine to blend plastic and other chemicals to a specific consistency and viscosity
- Unload mixture into container or conveyor for further processing
- Set up and operate calender machines to transform plastic bales or slabs into continuous sheets or films of specified thickness
- Date modified: