Summary Machine Operator - Plastics Processing in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a machine operator - plastics processing. The following information is applicable to all Plastics processing machine operators (NOC 9422).
Plastics processing machine operators set up and operate plastic mixing, calendering, extruding and moulding processing machines used in the manufacture of plastic parts and plastic products. They are employed by plastic products manufacturing companies.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Troubleshoot and make minor adjustments to equipment
- Weigh resins, colorants and other chemicals according to formulae
- Monitor and inspect quality of material produced
- Place weighed materials in mixing machines
- Operate mixing machine to blend plastic and other chemicals to a specific consistency and viscosity
- Date modified: