Summary Machine Operator - Plastics Processing in the North Shore Region
Find key facts and figures about working as a machine operator - plastics processing. The following information is applicable to all Plastics processing machine operators (NOC 9422).
Plastics processing machine operators set up and operate plastic mixing, calendering, extruding and moulding processing machines used in the manufacture of plastic parts and plastic products. They are employed by plastic products manufacturing companies.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in Nova Scotia
The job prospects are fair in the North Shore Region
advertised in Nova Scotia
- Trimming and sanding plastic or fiberglass parts
- Follow formulation card to mix resin batches for injection moulding process
- Prepare and change moulds and adjust equipment for production line change
- Set up and operate one or more moulding machines to mould plastic products
- Change dies on extruding machines according to production line change
- Date modified: