Summary Engineering Manager near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as an engineering manager. The following information is applicable to all Engineering managers (NOC 20010).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Engineering managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of an engineering department, service or firm. They are employed by a wide range of private sector and government establishments and by consulting engineering and scientific research companies.
This occupation involves management responsibilities.
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects are fair in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Plan and control budget and expenditures
- Establish and implement policies and procedures for engineering work
- Hire, train, direct and motivate staff
- Authorize the development of specifications for products or services
- Assign, co-ordinate and review technical work
- Date modified: