Summary Apartment Building Caretaker in Nova Scotia
Find key facts and figures about working as an apartment building caretaker. The following information is applicable to all Janitors, caretakers and heavy-duty cleaners (NOC 65312).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Janitors, caretakers and heavy-duty cleaners clean and maintain the interior and exterior of commercial, institutional and residential buildings and their surrounding grounds. They are employed by office and apartment building management companies, condominium corporations, educational institutions, health care facilities, recreational and shopping facilities, religious, industrial and other establishments.
This occupation usually requires short-term work experience and no formal education.
Median wage in Nova Scotia
The job prospects are fair in Nova Scotia
advertised in Nova Scotia
- Sweep, mop, scrub and wax hallways, floors and stairs
- Operate industrial vacuum cleaners to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris and other refuse
- Empty trash cans and other waste containers
- Wash windows, interior walls and ceilings
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing and electrical systems, and contact tradespersons for major repairs
- Date modified: