Summary Apartment Building Caretaker in Nunavut
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "apartment building caretaker" was moved from the group Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents (NOC 6733) to the group Janitors, caretakers and heavy-duty cleaners (NOC 65312).
Find key facts and figures about working as an apartment building caretaker. The following information is applicable to all Janitors, caretakers and heavy-duty cleaners (NOC 65312).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Janitors, caretakers and heavy-duty cleaners clean and maintain the interior and exterior of commercial, institutional and residential buildings and their surrounding grounds. They are employed by office and apartment building management companies, condominium corporations, educational institutions, health care facilities, recreational and shopping facilities, religious, industrial and other establishments.
This occupation usually requires short-term work experience and no formal education.
Median wage in Nunavut
The job prospects are fair in Nunavut
advertised in Canada
- Sweep, mop, scrub and wax hallways, floors and stairs
- Operate industrial vacuum cleaners to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris and other refuse
- Empty trash cans and other waste containers
- Wash windows, interior walls and ceilings
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing and electrical systems, and contact tradespersons for major repairs
- Date modified: