Summary Handyman/woman near Whitehorse (YT)
Find key facts and figures about working as a handyman/woman. The following information is applicable to all General building maintenance workers and building superintendents (NOC 73201).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
General building maintenance workers perform tasks related to the general maintenance of buildings. They execute minor repair work, maintain equipment and installations and perform preventive inspection of systems relating to building mechanics. Building superintendents employed in large establishments are responsible for the operation of the establishment and may also supervise other workers. They are employed by office and apartment building management companies, condominium corporations, educational institutions, health care facilities, recreational and shopping facilities, religious, industrial and other establishments.
Learn more about handyman/woman
Post-secondary or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of less than 2 years, or more than 6 months of on-the-job training.
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in Yukon
View wages about Wages
View prospects about Prospects
advertised near Whitehorse (YT)
View available jobs about Jobs
- Sweep, mop, scrub and wax hallways, floors and stairs
- Operate industrial vacuum cleaners to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris and other refuse
- Empty trash cans and other waste containers
- Wash windows, interior walls and ceilings
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing and electrical systems, and contact tradespersons for major repairs
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: