Summary Apartment Building Maintenance Worker in Northwest Territories
Find key facts and figures about working as an apartment building maintenance worker. The following information is applicable to all Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents (NOC 6733).
Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents clean and maintain the interior and exterior of commercial, institutional and residential buildings and their surrounding grounds. Building superintendents employed in large establishments are responsible for the operation of the establishment and may also supervise other workers. They are employed by office and apartment building management companies, condominium corporations, educational institutions, health care facilities, recreational and shopping facilities, religious, industrial and other establishments.
On-the-job training usually required
Median wage in Northwest Territories
The job prospects are fair in Northwest Territories
advertised in Canada
- Sweep, mop, scrub and wax hallways, floors and stairs
- Operate industrial vacuum cleaners to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris and other refuse
- Empty trash cans and other waste containers
- Wash windows, interior walls and ceilings
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing and electrical systems, and contact tradespersons for major repairs
- Date modified: