Summary General Foreman/woman - Residential Construction in British Columbia
Find key facts and figures about working as a general foreman/woman - residential construction. The following information is applicable to all Contractors and supervisors, carpentry trades (NOC 7204).
Contractors and supervisors in carpentry trades supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: Carpenters (7271) and Cabinetmakers (7272). They are employed by construction companies, carpentry contractors, maintenance departments of industrial establishments, and custom furniture and fixture manufacturing or repair companies. Contractors may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in British Columbia
The job prospects are fair in British Columbia
advertised in British Columbia
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Read blueprints and drawings
- Establish methods to meet work schedules
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Date modified: