Summary Gas Turbine Machinery Industrial Mechanic in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as a gas turbine machinery industrial mechanic. The following information is applicable to all Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics (NOC 7311).
Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics install, maintain, troubleshoot, overhaul and repair stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment. This unit group includes industrial textile machinery mechanics and repairers. Construction millwrights are employed by millwrighting contractors. Industrial mechanics are employed in manufacturing plants, utilities and other industrial establishments.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Assembling machinery and equipment (prior to installation)
- Installing machinery and equipment
- Operate hoisting and lifting equipment
- Program programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Operate machining tools to fabricate parts
- Date modified: