Summary Automotive Service Technician - Steering, Suspension And Brakes near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as an automotive service technician - steering, suspension and brakes. The following information is applicable to all Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers (NOC 7321).
Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers inspect, diagnose, repair and service mechanical, electrical and electronic systems and components of cars, buses, and light and commercial transport trucks. They are employed by motor vehicle dealers, garages, truck and trailer dealerships, fleet maintenance companies, and service stations, automotive specialty shops, transportation companies and retail establishments which have automotive service shops. This unit group also includes mechanical repairers who perform major repairs and replacement of mechanical units on newly assembled motor vehicles. They are employed by motor vehicle manufacturing companies.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job prospects are fair in the Toronto Region
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems
- Inspect and test mechanical units to locate faults and malfunctions
- Inspect motor in operation, road test motor vehicles and test automotive systems and components
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of truck-trailer systems
- Date modified: