Summary Upholsterer near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as an upholsterer. The following information is applicable to all Upholsterers (NOC 6345).
Upholsterers cover furniture, fixtures and similar items with fabric, leather or other upholstery materials. They are employed by furniture, aircraft, motor vehicle and other manufacturing companies, furniture retail outlets and repair shops or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in British Columbia
The job prospects are fair in British Columbia
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Replace worn-out webbing, springs and other furniture parts
- Lay out, cut, fabricate and install upholstery
- Tack, glue or sew ornamental trim, braids or buttons
- Discuss upholstery fabric, colour, and style with customers and provide cost estimate
- Repair furniture frames and refinish wood surfaces
- Date modified: