Summary Transportation Routes Scheduler near Montréal (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a transportation routes scheduler. The following information is applicable to all Transportation route and crew schedulers (NOC 1526).
Transportation route and crew schedulers prepare operational and crew schedules for transportation equipment and operating personnel. They are employed by municipal transit commissions, truck, delivery and courier companies, railways, airlines and by other transportation establishments in both the private and public sectors.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in the Montréal Region
The job prospects are fair in the Montréal Region
advertised near Montréal (QC)
- Incorporate into route plan factors such as peak travel periods, holidays, special events and construction with emphasis on time and cost efficiency
- Review personnel availability and other pertinent information to establish schedule parameters
- Compile equipment and personnel records to produce operating reports
- Assign personnel to equipment and routes and schedule work shifts
- Design new or modify existing schedules using computer software or other methods
- Date modified: