Summary Support Services Assistant - Medical near Prince George (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a support services assistant - medical. The following information is applicable to all Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413).
Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates assist nurses, hospital staff and physicians in the basic care of patients. They are employed in hospitals, nursing homes, assisted care facilities for the elderly and other health care establishments.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in the Cariboo Region
The job prospects are fair in the Cariboo Region
advertised near Prince George (BC)
- Take patients' blood pressure, temperature and pulse
- Weigh, lift, turn and position patients
- Supervise patients' exercise routines
- Administer suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas
- Bathe, dress and groom patients
- Date modified: