Summary Support Services Assistant - Medical near Saint John (NB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a support services assistant - medical. The following information is applicable to all Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413).
Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates assist nurses, hospital staff and physicians in the basic care of patients. They are employed in hospitals, nursing homes, assisted care facilities for the elderly and other health care establishments.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in the Saint John–St. Stephen Region
The job outlook is good in the Saint John–St. Stephen Region
advertised near Saint John (NB)
- Take patients' blood pressure, temperature and pulse
- Weigh, lift, turn and position patients
- Supervise patients' exercise routines
- Administer suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas
- Bathe, dress and groom patients
- Date modified: