Summary Support Services Assistant - Medical in the Thompson–Okanagan Region
Find key facts and figures about working as a support services assistant - medical. The following information is applicable to all Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413).
Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates assist nurses, hospital staff and physicians in the basic care of patients. They are employed in hospitals, nursing homes, assisted care facilities for the elderly and other health care establishments.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in the Thompson–Okanagan Region
The job prospects are good in the Thompson–Okanagan Region
advertised in the Thompson–Okanagan Region
- Supply and empty bed pans
- Take patients' blood pressure, temperature and pulse
- Serve meal trays and feed patients
- Weigh, lift, turn and position patients
- Deliver messages, reports, requisitions and specimens between departments
- Date modified: