Summary Oil And Gas Property Paralegal in Canada
Find key facts and figures about working as an oil and gas property paralegal. The following information is applicable to all Paralegal and related occupations (NOC 4211).
Paralegals prepare legal documents and conduct research to assist lawyers or other professionals. Independent paralegals provide legal services to the public as allowed by government legislation, or provide paralegal services on contract to law firms or other establishments. Notaries public administer oaths, take affidavits, sign legal documents and perform other activities according to the scope of their practice. Trademark agents advise clients on intellectual property matters. Paralegals are employed by law firms, by record search companies and in legal departments throughout the public and private sectors. Independent paralegals are usually self-employed. Notaries public are employed by government and in the public and private sectors or they may be self-employed. Trademark agents are employed
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Canada
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Canada
- Advise clients on intellectual property matters and represent clients before the Registrar of Trade-Marks
- Assist lawyers by interviewing clients, witnesses and other related parties, assembling documentary evidence, preparing trial briefs, and arranging for trials
- Draft contracts, prepare promissory notes and draw up wills, mortgages and other legal documents
- Administer oaths and take affidavits and depositions
- Advise clients and take legal action on landlord and tenant matters, traffic violations, name changes and other issues within their jurisdictions
- Date modified: