Summary Hairstylist Apprentice in British Columbia
Find key facts and figures about working as a hairstylist apprentice. The following information is applicable to all Hairstylists and barbers (NOC 6341).
Hairstylists and barbers cut and style hair and perform related services. They are employed in hairstyling or hairdressing salons, barber shops, vocational schools, health care establishments and theatre, film and television establishments.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in British Columbia
The job prospects are fair in British Columbia
advertised in British Columbia
- Cut and trim hair according to client's instructions or preferences
- Shave and trim beards and mustaches
- Provide other hair treatment, such as waving, straightening and tinting and also provide scalp conditioning massages
- Clean and style wigs and hair pieces
- Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair
- Date modified: