Summary Elementary School Teacher's Aide in the Laurentides Region
Find key facts and figures about working as an elementary school teacher's aide. The following information is applicable to all Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (NOC 43100).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants support students, and assist teachers and counsellors with teaching and non-instructional tasks. They assist in areas of personal care, teaching and behaviour management under the supervision of teachers or other child care professionals. They are employed in public and private elementary, secondary and special needs schools and treatment centres.
Post-secondary or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of less than 2 years, or more than 6 months of on-the-job training.
Median wage in the Laurentides Region
advertised in Québec
- Help students individually or in small groups with assignments and reinforce learning and retention concepts under the supervision of classroom teacher
- Monitor students during recess and lunch hour
- Assist students with integration into the classroom and school setting
- Assist with classroom inventory
- Accompany and supervise students during activities in school gymnasiums, laboratories, libraries, resource centres and on field trips
- Date modified: