Summary Lunchtime Supervisor - Primary And Secondary School in Ontario
Find key facts and figures about working as a lunchtime supervisor - primary and secondary school. The following information is applicable to all Student monitors, crossing guards and related occupations (NOC 45100).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Student monitors, crossing guards and workers in related occupations supervise students to ensure their safety and monitor their behaviour during indoor or outdoor breaks and before and after school hours. School monitors are employed by public and private elementary and secondary schools. Crossing guards are employed by municipalities, public and private security agencies and schools.
Learn more about lunchtime supervisor - primary and secondary school
This occupation usually requires short-term work experience and no formal education.
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in Ontario
View wages about Wages
The job prospects are fair in Ontario
View prospects about Prospects
advertised in Canada
View available jobs about Jobs
- Help students individually or in small groups with assignments and reinforce learning and retention concepts under the supervision of classroom teacher
- Monitor students during recess and lunch hour
- Assist students with integration into the classroom and school setting
- Assist with classroom inventory
- Accompany and supervise students during activities in school gymnasiums, laboratories, libraries, resource centres and on field trips
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: