Summary Inspector, Machining And Tooling near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as an inspector, machining and tooling. The following information is applicable to all Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors (NOC 7231).
Machinists set up and operate a variety of machine tools to cut or grind metal, plastic or other materials to make or modify parts or products with precise dimensions. Machining and tooling inspectors inspect machined parts and tooling in order to maintain quality control standards. They are employed by machinery, equipment, motor vehicle, automotive parts, aircraft and other metal products manufacturing companies and by machine shops.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job prospects are fair in the Toronto Region
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of conventional and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using precise measuring instruments (e.g., micrometers, calipers)
- Maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports
- Date modified: