Summary Industrial Electrician in Newfoundland and Labrador
Find key facts and figures about working as an industrial electrician. The following information is applicable to all Industrial electricians (NOC 7242).
Industrial electricians install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls. They are employed by electrical contractors and maintenance departments of factories, plants, mines, shipyards and other industrial establishments.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Newfoundland and Labrador
The job prospects are fair in Newfoundland and Labrador
advertised in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
- Interpret electrical code specifications
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
- Date modified: