Summary Gas Fitter near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a gas fitter. The following information is applicable to all Gas fitters (NOC 7253).
Gas fitters install, inspect, repair and maintain gas lines and gas equipment such as meters, regulators and heating units in residential, commercial and industrial establishments. They are employed by gas utility companies and gas servicing companies.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Measure and mark reference points for installation of gas lines and equipment
- Install and maintain meters and regulators and gas lines between gas unit and gas meter
- Install, maintain and service gas heating units and their components
- Repair and service gas appliances and related equipment
- Attend to gas escape calls and assist in the investigation of gas fires and explosions
- Date modified: