Summary Gas Technician in Ontario
Find key facts and figures about working as a gas technician. The following information is applicable to all Gas fitters (NOC 72302).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Gas fitters install, inspect, repair and maintain gas lines and gas equipment such as meters, regulators and heating units in residential, commercial and industrial establishments. They are employed by gas utility companies and gas servicing companies. Apprentices are also included in this unit group.
Learn more about gas technician
College or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of 2 or more years, or experience working in a supervisory occupation.
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in Ontario
View wages about Wages
View prospects about Prospects
advertised in Ontario
View available jobs about Jobs
- Measure and mark reference points for installation of gas lines and equipment
- Install and maintain meters and regulators and gas lines between gas unit and gas meter
- Install, maintain and service gas heating units and their components
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Repair and service gas appliances and related equipment
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: