Summary Roofer, Shingles near Saskatoon (SK)
Find key facts and figures about working as a roofer, shingles. The following information is applicable to all Roofers and shinglers (NOC 7291).
Roofers install, repair or replace flat roofs as well as shingles, shakes or other roofing tiles on sloped roofs. Shinglers install and replace shingles, tiles and similar coverings on sloped roofs. They are employed by roofing and general contractors, or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Saskatoon–Biggar Region
The job outlook is limited in the Saskatoon–Biggar Region
advertised near Saskatoon (SK)
- Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
- Install sheet metal flashings
- Date modified: